2024 PLOWING MATCH
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
OVER 100 YEARS OF TRADITION
A ploughing match is a contest between people who each plough part of a field. Nowadays there are usually classes for horse-drawn ploughs and for tractor ploughing. Points are awarded for the straightness and neatness of the resulting furrows.
PLOWING MATCH RULES
1. Minimum depth of furrow 6 inches. No tramping
of open split and no rolling of furrows.
2. Open Split in all classes. Cast off to highest num- bered lot.
3. In all classes a plowman is allowed a coach to as- sist the first round. The coach must then remain
at either end of the field and must not follow
across the field.
4. Registration 9:00am Plowing to start 10:00am
5. Entry fee To Be Announced. Free lunch or banquet ticket to plowmen.
6. Plowmen from outside the county can only plow
in Open Classes
7. No competitors from outside of County eligible
for Special Prizes.
8. No riders on tractors or plows on the site.
9. Judges decision final.
10. Entry fees will be withheld from class prizes won.
Cheques will be given to Jr. Competitors at the
banquet; all other cheques will be mailed to
11. Each contestant will be required to submit
written proof of $2,000,000 liability Ins min.
Liability Waiver Form must be completed in
order to plow
OPA Plowing Rules will be in effect and
applicable on Match Day